Tuesday 28 October 2008

O busy Bee...

Well, thanks to an unexpected (and welcome) gig doing some art for advertising I didn't do the 24HR comic. Yet. Yes, it seems that 2008 has been one long exercise in procrastination for one reason or another, but as winter creeps upon me I hope that will all change and I can get back to being the busy busy bee I was back in the mists of time.

As the paying gigs take precedence over all else the 24HR exercise will be done once I get this Ad gig and some tutorials for ImagineFX out of the way, and then I will have to decide if it's actually worth showing online. One idea I had was to film the whole thing on the computer using snapsproX, but then I realised that 24 hours of that would probably kill my processor, so I am looking into alternative ways to document and thus prove my 3rd 24HR experience.

Weekend just gone I was at the MCM Expo in London's Docklands, where I got to hang out with some folks from the Wire and Heroes and Battlestar Galactica which was nice, and I was also witness to the largest gathering of 10-15 year old cosplayers brandishing their "Free Hugs" signs EVER. It was only when I saw the new mutation of "running hugs" where the "Huggee" stands in the center of a large ring of other cosplayers, and the "hugger" takes a running leap at them climaxing in a spinning hug that often went out of control that I realised that if there had been Manga cons when I was a kid my social development would have been distinctly different. That's not to say it would have been BETTER, but I woulda turned out DIFFERENT...

This weekend I do the Lille festival in France. Dunno what it'll be like but as it's only a weekend I reckon it'll fly by before I return to Blighty to resume the scribbling. I'll make art to show this time, otherwise this blog will just be lots of words and that's no good is it?


3 Comments:

Blogger dzuka said...

well, it's nice to read what you've been up to, but it would be even nicer with some visuals. : )

29 October 2008 at 21:50  
Blogger FS said...

Who did you meet from BSG?????????

And I don't think I'll put my 24HC online, it's utter crap, haha...

30 October 2008 at 05:37  
Blogger Frazer Irving said...

I met Saul Tigh! He is awesome wikkid fun...well, he was more fun than most comics ppl I meet at these things anyway. My plan for next time is to get him high as a kite and then explain my Hulk story to see if it floats.

I'll send u my 24hr comic if u send me yours;)

30 October 2008 at 11:14  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home